SDMC Launches a series of 4K AV1 Hybrid Android TV Boxes based on Amlogic S905X4 SoC
- 10 Jun 2021
- 395 Read
SDMC further enriched its product pipeline with a series of hybrid STBs based on Amlogic S905X4 chipset including DV8955-C, DV8955C-C, DV8945-T2, DV8945C-T2. These hybrid solutions integrate OTT and live TV services into one place. The ultimate goal is to help customers deliver seamless TV entertainment experiences to consumers by creating the best-in-class solution and partnering with the most innovative companies in the Android TV ecosystem.
Powered by the latest Amlogic S905X4 SoC, they’re high-performance set-top-box supporting 4K@60fps AV1 decoding for OTT/IPTV and Digital TV deployment. Come with a powerful 24K DMIPS 64-bit quad-core CPU and ARM G31™ MP2 GPU, equipped with dual-band 2x2 MIMO 802.11ac to allow higher speeds and more reliable wireless streaming service.
The common features as follow
- Access popular apps and games on Google Play including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube, etc
- Voice search and navigation via Google Assistant
- Easily cast your favorite movies, music, and more to TV with Chromecast built-in
Support 7 days EPG, program editor, parental lock, voice control, etc
- The 2.4GHz/5GHz Dual-Wi-Fi ensures the stable and strong network signal connected through Ethernet or Wireless
3 wireless antennas are designed to support independent Bluetooth antennas for better Bluetooth performance
AV1 saves up to 30% in bandwidth for the same image quality than HEVC
- Support SDMC Terminal Management System(TMS) to help manage all terminal devices
- System upgrading via USB, GOTA, operator’s OTA or SDMC OTA
Optional Android TV standard or Operator Tier Launcher for fast time-to-market
The difference between DV8955C-C and DV8955-C is the former is USB 3.0 12V 1.5A version, and the latter is USB 2.0 version with Wi-Fi 6 support, as its adapter is 12V 1.0A.
Except for the WiFi 6 feature, DV8945-T2 is the USB 2.0 version while DV8945C-T2 is the USB 3.0 version.
If you’re looking for deploying your Android TV OTT business, please feel free to contact us to tailor your Hybrid solution to improve the overall user experience and level of customer satisfaction, thus reducing churn.